Successful guest posts are comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that give our readers (brands, manufacturers, eCommerce store owners, marketplaces, or retailers) something new or helpful about the world of PIM (product information management) and eCommerce overall.
We’re interested in publishing any topic that our readers care about, which includes the most basic things like Conversion Rate Optimization, eCommerce store KPIs, managing and optimizing product data best practices, etc.
Guest Post Main Requirements:
- Original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere and requires 95+% uniqueness (we accept only texts checked with Copywritely or text.ru).
- Around 1500 words highly related to the topic.
- The article reflects the writing style/tone of the Gepard.io Blog. We aim to be casual, yet helpful, and typically we stay away from buzzwords and jargon.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article.
- No more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post.
Guest Post Types We Accept
Here are our most successful blog post types:
- PIM/eCommerce Related Reviews/Cases: These posts give readers in-depth takeaways that are supported by relevant, recent examples, original quotes, original graphics, and current data (1,500 words and above). When readers finish this type of post, they should be able to immediately execute on the given topic and have very few questions left on how to do it.
- Graphics: These posts rely on an infographic or SlideShare created by the author. Usually, they feature a few paragraphs of introduction, the embedded media itself, and not much else. The graphic should be comprehensive and easy to read, have a compelling narrative, contain plenty of white space, and feature up-to-date data that are properly sourced.
- eCommerce-related Guides: These posts give our readers some helpful piece of information on different relevant topics. It should contain screenshots, examples, step-by-step instructions. When readers finish this type of post, they should be able to immediately execute on the given topic and have very few questions left on how to do it.
Post Types We Won’t Accept
There are some posts we do not accept:
- Anything that’s been covered on our blog before.
- Anything that may be interpreted as a link-building scheme.
- Anything that’s too promotional for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies.
How To Submit Your Post
Please email your guest post at email@example.com with the following:
- Your completed post in Word Doc or Google Drive link to Doc with Commenting rights.
- Image files (with attribution) in a separate folder.
- Short author bio including a maximum of one anchor text link to your own website and a high-quality photo.
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published.
Attention! We may take up to 2 weeks to process the article before publishing it so you are not supposed to send the article anywhere else during this time since we may be working on it. If our team starts working on the article and it is published somewhere else on the Internet during this term, we will be forced to ban you from future collaborations. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.
Submissions must meet the Gepard.io content marketing team’s quality standards in order to get published. We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn, Medium, or any other third-party resource. Please, just share your guest post direct link from our website via social networks freely.
The Gepard.io content marketing team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Gepard.io reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Gepard.io blog content, including but not limited to email newsletters, eBooks, and other downloadable content.